farasha: ([Firefly] Wash: Work)
[personal profile] farasha
I went down to Houston for the weekend for my mom's birthday, which was filled with equal parts drunken drink discovery (whipped cream vodka is THE MOST AMAZING THING especially in White Russians), crazy party games and discussion of my wedding.

Despite my repeated assurances that it's going to be a long (read: two-year at least) engagement, everyone has their own idea about what ceremony we should use and where we should have it and everything else that I should be deciding for myself.

I don't want to be a bridezilla - I really don't. I'm generally the least picky person on the face of the planet. I take what I can get and don't fucking complain, but this is different. This is my wedding, which I've had ideas about from the time I was a teeny little girl dreaming about being a princess.

I've already picked wedding colors and invitations and florals and the whole thing is two years away. I'm in the middle of designing my dress. I signed up for a bridal registry. About the time I was looking over flower girl dresses I had a moment of pure "AHHHH WHAT AM I DOING??" Not that I am getting cold feet about getting married to Luke, but the more I get into planning and the more people try to tell me what I should do, the more I want to elope. Just go get a certificate from the Justice of the Peace and screw everyone else.

Weddings. Why are they a thing that exists.

Profile

farasha: (Default)
Farasha Silversand

November 2025

S M T W T F S
      1
2345678
91011 12131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
30      

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Aug. 29th, 2026 03:34 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios